CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 11, 2007

busy weekend

Gosh..it's been so long since K and I have worked at the same time, that I forgot how full the weekends are with trying to get so much done. Let me think...after we got married I quit my job, he worked third, my brother moved in with us and I did some babysitting as well. He lived with us for a a little over a year and then after he moved I was "just" a housewife..soon to become pg with Logan. So, for most of our married life (9 1/2 years) there has only been 1 of us working full time! The person that wasn't working did all the household stuff. No wonder I am feeling overwhelmed by my job, the kids AND the house! I think since I am working from home...while caring for the kids..and trying to keep up with the house..it's MUCH harder than going AWAY for work..and no one being home all day..you know?

Anyway, it's been a trying week. Amelia has started staying with us again during the week since she can't be trusted at home by herself. She doesn't help with the kids..but she has helped me keep my sanity with the housework. Very nice having someone around, who can unload a dishwasher, run a vaccum, pick up toys, and clean a bathroom!

So, what was this post about...busy weekend that's right! This morning we got up and Kyle unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, ran to the bank. Kyle weed-eated (ate?) the yard and I mowed. We showered, ate lunch, watched Psych, I paid bills and left to take the kids bike-riding. After that we went to the river and did some wading/playing in the water. Came home, showered again, ordered Logan some uniform shorts and shoes for school, Laid out a pork roast to thaw for dinner tomorrow, ran to Taco Bell and Mickey D's for dinner, got the kids in bed and am now watching The Devil Wears Prada.

Tomorrow, we are going school supply shopping, clothes shopping for all my boys (K included), and grocery shopping. Then we can come home, eat dinner, go to bed and start the work week all over again! *sigh*

0 comments: