CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 12, 2006

The theory is

We have started a new points/reward system with the kids. Hoping to encourage good behavior and focus on the positive to try and steer them away from the darling little brats they are becoming. *big GRIN*

I went online and found some behavior charts and ended up figuring how to make my own on a spreadsheet in some program my computer has. I even entered images. (Yay me).

The theory of the plan is that we keep track on the chart and then on Friday nights we count out all the stars and for each star they get to put a marble in their jar. For so many stars they get to choose something out of the grab bag. At the end of the month they can cash in their marbles for money and buy something or save it up to buy something bigger/better the next month. That's the theory anyway. ;-)

So far it's not going that great. They seem to care about the chart for the 15 minutes after we chart their progress and that's it. Maybe it will just take some time.....

I'm also implementing a 1 day a month family fun day and a some mommy/Logan Daddy/Dylan and vice versa time. I think they crave one on one time and don't get enough.

Hopefully it will work and I can write a book on my theory and make a bunch of money!

0 comments: