Monday, September 01, 2008

Date Night

It's been awhile since Kyle and I have been out on a date. A few weeks ago we made plans to go out to a Mexican place I wanted to try. I was really excited to go and then I got a headache and didn't feel like getting ready and going, so we stayed home.

Last night, Kyle's cousin called and invited us over so we decided to go. I took the kids to mom's and away we went stopping for a cheeseburger at Wendy's and a 6 pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade at UDF.

We hadn't been there longer than 10 mins when my cell phone rang. It was Dylan and he wanted me to come home and he was crying. I told him I would be home later and that if he behaved and acted like a big boy, he would get a surprise today. he immediately stopped crying but was a little whiney when we hung up.

At Mark's we sat around a fire outside and talked and laughed. I had one drink and stopped and told K I would be the driver. We had a really nice time and it was fun just relaxing and laughing really hard.

At 12:30 mom called to see when I was coming to get the kids. We talked about the kids staying the night, which was the original plan, but with littly whiney, hiney Dylan we were worried he would wake up at 4 and be freaking out to come home. So I told her I was leaving in about 5 mins and would come get them. She told me that from now on she is going to watch the kids at my house. Thank God.

I told K we needed to leave and after about 10 mins of conversation with his cousins about the best South Park episodes he was finally ready to leave. We stopped at Mickey D's on the way home and swung by moms. I picked up Dylan, but left Logan there as he was sound asleep in my moms bed, snoring away. Little baby Dylan was on the couch and had even refused a blanket. So I scooped him up and brought him home.

K and I ate our healthy dinner and then headed to bed. I don't even remember laying down. I was SO tired. Of course, it was 2:30 at this point. I go to bed every night before 10...2:30 is unheard of for me. I couldn't think straight I was so tired. I slept soundly until 7:30 this morning when Logan was banging on my bedroom window for me to unlock the front door. Of course, I couldn't go back to sleep after that..even after I told Logan he could watch TV or play on the computer--that I was going back to bed. Kyle is still sleeping though, of course. Mommy always gets the short end of the stick.

I am looking forward to our next date night when we will be in Disney. We're taking the kids to one of the kids clubs and going to have dinner at Epcot. I'm excited!

Now...I need to find something to give the kids as their promised "surprise".