CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Churn--a new meaning

You know when you get mad at your cable, telephone, etc company and threaten to leave and go with a different company if they don't do XYZ? I learned this week that the term for that is Churn. Now, I don't know if the threat is the churn, or the leaving and going somewhere else is the churn. Regardless, it's an interesting term, huh?

My story about my own Churn is when my DSL modem went out and the phone company was going to charge me an arm and a leg for a new one! I was SOOO angry. We had our phone, internet, and satellite service through the company..we had been a customer for 7 years and the LEAST they could do is replace the modem darn it!! I called the customer service dept and they were no help. Just gave me the run around about their policy blah blah blah. So, I called the actual DSL problem dept and was able to talk to a really nice lady who not only replaced our modem, but replaced it with a wireless one so we could use it for our laptop as well!! I was thrilled. I didn't even have to be a B*, I just stated my case and she agreed and was willing go above and beyond to keep me as a customer.

I remember several years ago when long distance companies would offer you $$ to switch to their carrier and I knew some people that would switch every couple of months for the money...I think that kind of Churn is just plain wrong. That's the kind of stuff that makes companies not want to work with you and ends up causing problems for everyone. If you are happy with your company, just be happy, on the same note if your company is making you wanna pull your hair out you should by all means talk to someone and give them a chance to make it right.

0 comments: