CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After

Christmas has come and gone and it never really felt like Christmas-time to me. I think the whole death/funeral stuff put a damper on the holiday season and it just never felt "right".

Of course we plugged along and bought gifts and decorated and went through the motions..but I never felt that big excited "I can't wait" feeling. It was really odd. And by the time I DID start to feel it..it was hear. So...I guess the anticipation was missing.

Regardless...we had a wonderful day yesterday and my boys are thrilled with all they received.

We had a family party on Christmas Eve at my Moms. We were there and so were Mom and Tony. Tammy, larry and Shelbea. Dad, Lola and Amelia. We ate: chicken salad and tuna salad on croissants, vegetable pizza, cocktail weenies, cocktail meatballs, spinach dip, stuffed mushrooms, banana pudding, cookies, and lemon pudding. It was all very yummy and we will enjoy the leftovers for the next couple days!!

Christmas Morning after we got up and opened gifts, I made breakfast--sleepin' in omelet, breakfast pizza and cinnamon rolls and mom and tony came down to eat and exchange gifts with us. Once they left we had a pretty lazy day of doing not much of anything. We did watch A Christmas Story and K and I took a nap and then we went to Bill and Sally's for dinner.

So...even though the "anticipation" was missing. We had a very couple of days.

AND...I'm thrill that K had been off work since 12:30 on Christmas EVe and doesn't go back to work until Monday! yay!!

0 comments: